What is it I need to know to give birth?
I would like to guide you during your pregnancy to formulate your own answer to this question. From your own wisdom, in peace and trust.
Giving birth full of confidence
The time of pregnancy and birth is an important phase in a woman’s life. Around my own pregnancy and birth, I noticed how easy it is to let all the outside attention distract you from the natural process that is taking place inside you. In our society there is a lot of attention for male qualities. Measuring, knowing, achieving goals. Then the feminine energy can fade into the background, while your inner female wisdom is so important for your own well-being, that of your baby, your partner relationship, your community and society in general.
Pregnancy is a time to reflect on who you are and what you need.
Full of knowledge and expertise about pregnancy, giving birth, women’s health, the way your body & mind work and a source of life experience, I decided to make myself available as a doula in Utrecht and surroundings, to support you in this special phase of your life. Soft and aware, feminine, in connection with your heart.
As a doula in Utrecht I am inspired by worldwide traditions and rituals around pregnancy and birth, the work of Pam England (Birthing from Within), Nikki Shaheed (Heart Centered Pregnancy) & Katharine Graves (KG Hypnobirthing). In their work I recognise elements of Tibetan Buddhism, which inspires me as a person. What I find important is to leave you free in your choices around the birth and to appeal to your intuitive and own wisdom. You know who you are, what you want and what you need. So also for the birth, your baby and motherhood. That is why I use bodywork, birth art & meditation techniques to tap into those wise layers in you. Of course I also use natural methods and all my knowledge and experience as a therapist and hypnobirthing teacher. This gives me a broader and deeper background than a regular doula.
Pregnancy counselling doula package 1
- Introductory meeting
- 3 meetings during your pregnancy, with tailored content:
- talks, meditation, bodywork, breathwork, mudras
- Your birth wishes in a map or picture with birth art or birth plan
- If necessary, we will take you to the midwife or gynaecologist
- You can call, app and email
- 1 maternity visit for a listening ear
- Up to 2 months after the birth you can reach us
- Lots of love, attention and knowledge
Pregnancy counselling doula package 2
- Introductory meeting
- 3 meetings during your pregnancy with a tailor made programme:
- talks, meditation, body work, breath work, mudras
- Your birth wishes in a map or image with birth art or birth plan
- If necessary we take you to the midwife or gynaecologist
- A complete holistic pregnancy massage
- You may call, email and chat
- 2 maternity visits for a listening ear
- 2 postnatal mum massages
- Up to 2 months after the birth available for you
- Lots of love, attention & knowledge
Availability doula Marise
- Marise Bout pregnancy coach & doula in Utrecht
- Available for personal guidance of 1 couple per month
- Counselling at moments that suit you
- Here in the personal setting of the practice in Utrecht Rivierenwijk or at your home in the region Utrecht / Randstad.
- Within 1 hour ov travel time from the Merwedekade in Utrecht, beyond that €1 per kilometre travel costs.
- As I am a mother of a young toddler I am currently only available when she is at the host parent, but we can always discuss further possibilities.
- You can also contact me for a private or group course on hypnobirthing and additional tailor-made counselling.
- Please contact me for an informal meeting & quotation
Frequently asked questions
A doula is a wise and knowledgeable woman who personally accompanies a pregnant woman around the birth. A doula is also called pregnancy coach, birth coach or delivery coach. She provides emotional and physical support to the pregnant woman and her partner, in addition to the medical support from a midwife or gynaecologist. Doula stands for “serving woman” in Greek. A doula gives confidence in the birth process and the transition to motherhood, by being present and sharing her wisdom and expertise.