These pregnancy massages in Utrecht are a wonderful way to get in touch with your body and be present with yourself and your baby. With a child on the way, your body and mind are in full swing. Your body and your belly in particular, makes room for your growing child, which can cause discomfort.
Insomnia, pains and fatigue pregnancy
As your baby grows, so does your body, which means that you may have to deal with some pregnancy ailments.
Pregnancy massage helps to relief any child-bearing discomfort and ailments:
- pregnancy sickness & heartburn
- pregnancy oedema, fluid retention in arms, legs and feet
- ligament pain
- lower back pain
- pelvic complaints
- neck and shoulder pain
- calf cramps
The therapeutic touch of a professional can help you on your way to a natural, calm and comfortable gestation and childbirth.
Massaging pregnant women and more
Marise Bout, therapist at Natural Waves in Utrecht, creates space for balance, confidence and inner strength and letting go of worries. With an integral, holistic approach using therapeutic Ayurvedic massage, the breathing method, the foot reflexology method and the moxamethod, I help to reduce pregnancy pains and stress in a natural way.
As a BATC therapist, I have an extensive toolbox of therapeutic pre- and postnatal massage techniques at my disposal. This means that I can tailor my treatment entirely to your needs. Most women benefit from at least one consultation per month until week 37 for optimal effect, one per week from 37 weeks and two per week from 40 weeks.
Breech presentation and premature treatment
You will not only receive support in case of discomfort and unrest, but also in case of an approaching medical introduction of the delivery or a baby in breech presentation. This also means that I can use moxa and foot reflex to invite a baby in breech presentation to turn around and that I can use acupressure and the therapeutic foot reflex massage to stimulate the birth in a natural way, or to prepare your body for a medical delivery.
Hypnobirthing pregnancy course
A hypnobirthing pregnancy course is an extra preparation for body and mind for a calm pregnancy and delivery.
Benefits body-mind during pregnancy
We know more and more about the effects of a calm pregnancy and the short- and long-term effects on the birth and health of the mother and child. A baby’s first 1000 days are a blueprint for the rest of his or her life.
Body-mind techniques contribute to:
- Less stress, fear and pain for the mother
- Less prenatal complications
- A lower blood pressure, heart rate & calmer breathing
- A better blood circulation in the uterus, which contributes to a better health of the baby
- More oxytocin production, the hormone that directly causes the uterus to open and soften around the birth and contributes to the bonding between mother and baby.
- A shorter delivery time and fewer complications
- A prosperous recovery of the postpartum woman
- A better immunological reaction in mother and child, influencing for example the development of asthma and allergies.
Book a 90-minute appointment directly in the online agenda. It is not possible to make an appointment within 48 hours. Would you like a last-minute appointment or is there no suitable time listed? Send us an e-mail! Who knows, there may still be a spot available!